Saturday 7 March 2009

Shrine Closed

Young Keith has come to me and confessed that the toenails in the Shrine are not Joseph of Arimathea's, but are in fact his. What led him to cutting his toenails in the orchard, and then leaving them tidily in a discarded tea light holder, is beyond all of us. But eventually he decided that, in line with the Beaker principles of honesty, and what with his uncle being a policeman and having a reputation to keep, it was best to 'fess up.

Likewise the Husborne Holly. On investigation in the under-gardener's diary we have discovered that my daddy had it planted in 1973, thinking that if it turned out well he might invest in a hedge. Sadly the accident with the baler prevented that hedge being planted. I confess I don't remember it being planted, but then I was a sickly child and generally to be found mooning around in the library rather than out in the garden.

So to all the pilgrims, especially the ones who suffered in that unexpected hail shower when their tents fall down, I can only apologise. I would suggest that if you wish for further retreat experiences you continue to remain with us as we have a tea light festival starting Monday. And to those wanting their money back, our lawyers are prepared to argue that gullibility is a reasonable defence in matters of faith and law.

1 comment :

  1. I am sure the pilgrims will be taken in by the offer of a tea light festival...

    also well done to young Keith!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl