Monday 6 July 2009

An unfortunate handfasting

News in from MK General Hospital.  Snowfleik and Geldwell have finally been separated.

The words of our handfasting ceremony, "may our hands hold as fast as glue and through as many ages of the hills" have always meant to be symbolic.  But you know how literal some people can get.
But superglue?  I mean - superglue?  How did Geldwell possibly think this was a good idea?  I don't think Snowfleik was in on the scheme.  Something about the words "I'm glad the legal ceremony was scheduled for next week" sounded positively ominous.

We've never had an unfasting ceremony before.  Not that I want to encourage it, or regard handfasting as an estate that can or should be reversed lightly.  But I've had that Unfasting Gown for years now, and it looks like I may finally get to wear it.  Hope it still fits...

1 comment :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl