Wednesday 27 January 2010

Archdruidical measurability

I would like to take this occasion formally to retract any real or imagined criticism or questioning of the Archdruid in any matters whatsoever, with specific (but not particular) reference to bonuses. I am sure that any comments I may or may not have made in response to previous posts were in no sense intended to suggest any lack of respect towards the Archdruid, her liturgy, her disciplinary methods or any other aspect of her life or personality.

I highly value the Archdruid's matronage, and have no wish to "spend more time with my family". None at all, actually. I expect a press release in the near future assuring all readers of the Archdruid's "complete support".

Now, please would somebody convince Mrs Hnaef to let me have the Alka-Seltzer packet? And possibly remove Burton's review from the blog site until my slight food poisoning attack goes away?

I'll be in a quiet, darkened room, moaning. Liturgically, of course.

3 comments :

  1. I can assure you, Hnaef, that nobody's poisoned you. Or at least not deliberately.
    In many ways I blame myself. But in many more ways I blame Bernie. I should never have re-employed him, given that he locked me in a cellar and ran the community for his personal profit for a while in 2007.
    But I even more shouldn't have employed him because of his habit of collecting and cooking roadkill. Those Wallaby Fritters were superb last Tuesday, but I suspect last night's "Something I found on the road last week" casserole may have caused Hnaef's current condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always suspected that such dissent from anyone lower down the Beaker Folk pecking order, would end badly.

    It's good to know that feudal system survives, alive and well in the Beaker Community.

    Do you still have stocks and the rack available to ensure that it remains peaceful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Hnaef blames the numbers of 5/6th of a pint of Beast consumed last night.

    But I agree that it may be Bernie's fault.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl