Sunday 10 January 2010

Wishing the Archdruid a Happy Birthday

Alongside all true, faithful Beaker Folk, I would like to wish our great Archdruid a Happy Birthday. I would like to say, with not a hint of syncophancy, that she looks not a day more over 29 than she did last year.

I am disappointed that my calls for a poetic paean to sing her praises didn't yield more fruit, and would ask people not to visit the local Gents unless they really need to: we will be removing the newly penned limericks from the back of the doors as soon as we can find the industrial solvent. I suspect that young Keith may have purloined it for experimentation.

In the meantime, here is my unworthy penning:

There once was lovely Archdruid,
Who fans, I assure, never boo 'mid
Her long, but most learned
Sermons which earned
Her the title "Preacher oft sued".

Though, I'd point out, all of the cases have, to this point, been settled out of court.

Happy Birthday, great leader!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl