Wednesday 10 February 2010

The Armadillo Song

(To the tune of... well yes, obviously)

When the day is dawning
On a dull and rainy morning
On the Ark with Noah
And the pythons and a forty-foot boa
And a pair of llamas
And a hungry goat
has eaten my pyjamas
Now I'm sleeping in my coat.

I've got to feed the armadillo
Clean the hippos' cage with Brillo
Now I'm feeling rather ill.  Oh,
it's the smell that gets to me.
Now I've fed the armadillo
I've got to give the budgie some Trill.  Oh,
I really hate that armadillo.
I wish I'd never gone to sea.

3 comments :

  1. Ah, sheer genius... Evensong will have the rejuvenation it longs for

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bound to replace 'If I were a butterfly' as the all age worship favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl