Tuesday 23 February 2010

Let's Face the Music and Liturgical Dance (IV)

It turns out we didn't give up stupidity for Lent after all. This morning at breakfast, Edith Weston asked whether I minded if she performed a Liturgical Dance at Pouring Out of Beakers. I was momentarily distracted by the large pain au chocolat that Hnaef was getting round the outside of (because I thought we'd banned these for the Season) and must have nodded without thinking about it.

Arriving in the Moot House through the South East door, as is liturgically correct from Autumnal to Vernal Equinox, I was surprised to see that the Beaker People coming out of the Corridor of Uncertainty were falling over and sliding about as they entered the Moot House.  Turns out this was because of the ice covering the floor.  In the event, Edith's planned "Liturgical Ice Dance" was cancelled due to the large number of injuries.  We're not going to be allowing her to perform it this evening either, and all that refrigeration equipment's just going to have to go back.  And I blame Sally for giving her the idea.

1 comment :

  1. I refuse to accept the blame, and missed the ice dance final! Maybe I should get Edith to nip over here and perform her routine!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl