Sunday 14 February 2010

Valentine's Day is Cancelled

Once again I have found it necessary to cancel Valentine's Day.  The issue is that, falling on a Sunday, we need to transfer it.  And since there are no free days to transfer it to, we will simply have to forget it till next year.
So I'm afraid that any chocolates or flowers about the place will be confiscated as we enter the period of Lent early.  This evening's Festival of Flowers and Sherbert will instead be replaced with an hour of Standing in Icy Silence, which will be followed by the Act of Recrimination.

These directives are in no way because I only received one card this morning, and that from Burton Dasset.  If anyone wants to know how I knew an unsigned card was from a train-spotting accountant, I'll let you know what the verse was inside it:

"Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I love being in a train over the Harringworth Viaduct
Only 32% as much as I love you".

I rest my case.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl