Saturday 6 March 2010

Multi-Tasking

It's not really my way. I don't like to complain. But I've had to have a word with the Archdruid.

Because alternative worship requires a lot of re-arranging the furniture of the worship space, all the Beaker Folk spend a lot of time moving chairs around.
Gentle Readers, I have no problem moving chairs. I do it all the time. I enjoy moving chairs Sometimes when we have plenty of time, and no particular need for a specific arrangement of chairs, I like to be creative and arrange the chairs as an homage to significant sacred locations - for example, one day we laid them out in the same way as All Souls' Langham Place, the next it was King's College Cambridge, and then the following day we laid them out in the manner of an Intercity 125.

But I can't help but notice that Myfanwy never helps. She just walks around the outside of the Moot House while this is all going on, praying in unknown tongues.

So I brought it up with the Archdruid. I asked why are we all doing the donkey work and Myfanwy's just wandering about praying. And she said Myfanwy had explained all about it. She's making an important contribution - she's clearing the spiritual air - making a spiritual space where only the Good can be and baleful influences are excluded. Which is all very well. I think this is very noble of her, and obviously of great spiritual benefit.

But I still think she could stick a few chairs out while she's at it.

1 comment :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl