Wednesday 11 August 2010

A strange dream

I ate some cheese I found in the back of the fridge last night. I am a frugal person, and know from the Good Book that we can handle snakes and drink poison and even eat odd bits of old cheese if we but have the faith.  But maybe my faith was lacking, for as a result of the cheese I had a strange dream.

I was transported into a twilight world - into the Internet itself - and it was revealed unto me that I could hear the noise that the electrons of the Internet made as they swam in and out of the various sites. And the sounds of tweets from the BBC had all the happiness and woes of the world of news, and the squeaking excitement of the sports world. While Bad Vestments sounded like a snigger, followed by a deep sigh of woe.

And then was revealed the sound of Twitter as the stream of tweets came in, and went back out unto all the corners of the world.  And at first I thought the sound was just the squeaking of mice.

But gradually the sound became more recognisable. And I realised that the sound of Twitter is "Me... Me.... Me.... Me...."

And I awoke from my strange dream, and I was afraid.

2 comments :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl