Sunday 3 October 2010

Burton's Beer (Cider) Tasting Notes

Dear Readers!

I am delighted to be addressing you again, albeit in such unexpected circumstances.

It seems a mere 6 months ago - for indeed that is what it was - that I was advising Archdruid Eileen on the tax advantages of living in the 19th century. When she unexpectedly disappeared, I realised it was time to pursue other interests. Not least because a bunch of Serbians in bomber jackets roughed me up a bit before throwing me out of the grounds of the Great House.

So imagine my surprise, while sitting supping a gentle Welsh brew in the games bar of a little estate pub in Kettering, when the sound of a smashed-up Porsche Cayenne was heard outside. Hnaef and Archdruid Eileen rushed in, grabbed me by the anorak, and dragged me into the car. Thankfully I still have the glass with me, although I promise to return it next time I'm in Kettering. In the meantime:

Gwynt y Ddraig Kingston Black cider - it's not light on alcohol this, so be responsible. It's like a sweet, still, apple-y autumn wine. Like the remembrance of a first love, but without all the bitterness and rejection. And the court injunction. A must-have. But not in great volumes.  Don't forget, they may serve it in pints but it's got the strength of a light wine.

Now if you will excuse me, I have six months of tax to avoid. There's no rest for the wicked.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl