Friday 15 October 2010

No place for literalists

Don't  get me wrong, it's not that I'm feeling hurt, in any way.

But I've noticed a tendency for people to caveat their recommendations of the blogs of the Husborne Crawley fellowship.

I guess the rot started a way back, when David Keen's blog of blessed memory made the caveat that he hoped this wasn't a serious neo-pagan fellowship. Then I noticed that Catriona always puts the word "satire" against links to the Beaker Folk, as a warning to the unwary. And now Gurdur has suggested that this blog "is not for those who are literalists, or who insist upon ah, ah, ah, muggle-like narrative".

I don't know, you struggle to keep the community on the straight and narrow, clamp down on gnarling, try to keep the Gibbon Moon folk from going insane at the New Moon and what happens? People put black-and-yellow tape round your blog and try to ensure you don't mislead the gullible. Well, I suppose it's not that bad an idea... 

5 comments :

  1. I think that Husborne Crawley is an idealic expression of a non-democratic, model of governance.

    And it may well contain items of satire, but overall, it is a refreshing change to hear how the community manages to survive its trials and tribulations, sorry it's Arch Druid.

    And we keep coming back, so there must be an attraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually going to make a special blog-post in hnour of you all here, in honour of the Beaker Folk.

    It's been on my To-Do list for a week. I will try to have it up tomorrow.

    Does Archdruid Eileen object to suspicious strangers trying to chat her up? Just asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurdur, I think a summary of my views can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I looked, but all I could glean from that alien Elimelechean wheatfield was that:

    1) Archdruid Eileen has a practical approach to management organization.

    2) Best to keep one's nose out of her reach.

    This leaves much in the air still, like a burnt-offering smoke signal gone all twisty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I get mentioned in Husbourne Crawley - I've arrived!

    So glad to have you back on my sidebar after your sojourn in other places.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl