Thursday 14 October 2010

The scandal of no pew scandal

I'm disgusted.

Jersey's Town Church is taking out the pews and selling them off. You can see the BBC website article on the subject, or Channel Online.
And yet no matter how hard I try I can find no evidence of anyone complaining that, by ripping pews out of a church to restore it to the condition it had for the previous 860 years, the builders/church/vicar/God are committing the ultimate sin. Nobody is writing to complain that changes to churches were only valid until 1901, when Queen Victoria died and church architecture was therefore complete.

I tell you, I'm outraged.

Where do I write to complain?

1 comment :

  1. Wish I owned a pub, then I'd make good use of them pews...

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl