Wednesday 6 April 2011

Archdruids in the Lords

The Archdruid seems to be in two minds at the moment. On the one hand, she seems keen that reform of the House of Lords should lead to more elected seats: and she's pretty sure of a healthy vote, if previous local elections are anything to go by. On the other hand, I think she feels that if it's decided to retain a specific number of "Lords Spiritual", then she might be able to get a similar entitlement for Archdruids. Or Archdruid, anyway. Which would save her having to buy a new pair of steel-toe-capped boots for campaigning in.

Obviously, the quality of debate isn't quite as high as that with which I'm able to provide her here, and opportunities for expenses claiming aren't as, um, fluid as they used to be in Westminster, but I know that as an Archdruid Beaker-Spiritual, the Archdruid could do great things for the country, the community, the Community and even, you never know, herself.

And, of course, _someone_ would need to take over the administration, day-to-day management, and specifically the leadership of the Community.

I'm very supportive of the Archdruid's notions in this area, of course.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

3 comments :

  1. oddly enough, I've had a check round and it turns out nobody else is that keen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought that the Archdruid would be a natural candidate for the House of Lords. This is the genteel chamber for politics and politicians, a little long in the tooth and past their best. It could do with a little livening up with steel toe caps and the occasional flogging.

    In addition, the bishops would have some competition when wearing their frocks, a fully robed Arch Druid would outdo them any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just realised that this comment could be taken in two ways, and I might be in trouble.

    Still, I reassure myself that I live far enough from Husborne Crawley to not be in immediate danger and I have warned our Neighborhood watch to look out for females clad in strange ancient garments with large boots with hobnails and steel toecaps, As there are only one or two of them around here, she should be easy for them to spot and warn me.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl