Saturday 30 April 2011

The management of wedding guests

It must be the pointy hat. Every time I conduct a handfasting, I attract the argumentative drunks afterwards at the reception. And you always have to be polite, even as they're breathing Chardonnay fumes all over you. Because of course, being the holy one there, you can't just put them in a headlock and throw them in the pond. Or so they told me after the first time. You just have to look for the right polite time to make your excuses and go to find another person to talk to. Feigning cramp can help you to get out quick if you need to.

This one tried to persuade me that Science had disproved religion. I saw his one GCSE in Sociology and raised him a Masters in Chemistry that it hadn't. He asked me if I can categorically prove God's existence, which of course I can't.

So I asked him if he'd ever heard of Pascal's Wager. Turns out he hadn't.

Easiest 50 quid I ever made. That Geoff Pascal is a genius.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl