Saturday 21 May 2011

Left behind

Such a shock. In some respects, I do not even know why am I committing this to an electronic medium - unless there is someone out there who wishes, with me, to piece together why it is that we have been Left Behind. Unless, perhaps, there is still hope and we can repent? For surely our repentance should not have been based on  one particular Day, but every day? Maybe I have had it wrong.

I was walking round to see Eileen and warn her that the Rapture, if it happened, would be taking place at 7pm (which is 6pm GMT - God works to solar time, and will not take advice on time from the European Union). But clearly it was my spiritual clock that was wrong. Because the Beaker People have all gone - taken, to judge by the food that remains on their plates and the cider still fizzing in its glasses, during their evening tea-time repast. The place is empty, save for the sound of the lost souls still locked in the dark Doily Shed. I freed them from their captivity so they can enjoy whatever we now face on this doomed earth.

Enough. I will sit down on the front steps of the Great House and repent in dust and ashes. And then I had better get the sermon written for tomorrow after all - if I have a congregation left to preach it to.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl