Friday 13 May 2011

Rap

It will surprise few of you to discover that I pride myself on my connection with the youth if today, and my knowledge of popular music. I'll consume anything fed me by the likes of George Michael, Elton John, the young Iglesias lad, Bronski Beat, Queen or Culture Club, and have even been known to enjoy some Pet Shop Boy action. I was surprised to learn, then, that there is a great musical event coming of which I was only recently made aware. Although my knowledge of this particular genre is a little weaker than some, I'm well aware of such current hits as Blondie's "Man from Mars" and the great "Ice, ice, Baby", so I feel qualified to be as excited as the next man (more often as not, Burton or Drayton, actually) about the planned release on 22nd May of The Great Rap Tune.

What are we to expect? I'm sure that some "won't get it", and will be awfully disappointed. All the reports I've managed to Garner suggest that for those who do, it's going to be truly uplifting, however, and I can't wait, believe me. I even read that they're staggering releases to 6pm in every timezone, though how they're managing to restrict it for downloads, I don't know.

Maybe, just maybe, The Great Rap Tune will be targetted only at those who still embrace only vinyl. If so, I'm "sorted" (to borrow a phrase from the vernacular). Bring it on, hep cats, it's 78 (rpm) time!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl