Tuesday 5 July 2011

An Ancient and Evocative Art Form

Yes, I admit it. I've had the odd run-in with Morris Dancers over the years. But, insisting that they are partakers in an ancient and evocative art form, and not just some weird gets in bells and stupid hats, they came round last night asking if they could have just one day when they could interact with our Community without us throwing rocks at them.

So, old softie that I am, I've said yes. But I've made a few stipulations. So I'm actually looking forward to today's "Extreme Morris".

However, still some reservations. They claim to be in a long fertility tradition. Call me picky, but they're a bunch of overweight middle-aged real ale drinkers with bells on their ankles. I don't know what maidens are gonna be feeling in the mood for traditional fertility with something like that.

1 comment :

  1. Don't knock it till you've tried it. After all, maidens come in all shapes and sizes too!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl