Thursday 28 July 2011

Camp Woebegone

Whatever happened to Camp Quest? Asks Phil. A good question.

I guess the problem is that ironic disbelief is so last year. All the invisible unicorns have been captured. The Genie got out the bottle, went for a wander around, then realised that being out the bottle isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I hope both the young people going to the various Camps Quest have a good time, surrounded by anorak-wearing well-wishers as they will be. But if I were 14 again I'd rather be playing football or hanging with friends or looking in a confused and uncertain manner at the opposite sex, rather than being educated in the joys of sceptical rationalism.

2 comments :

  1. AE, Are you saying you're sceptical about camp quest? you closet rationalist you! ;)

    I must say though my anorak did come out a lot on holiday this year, pesky weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sceptical? Me? We are an oasis of fuzzy thinking.

    And I reckon the anorak just suits you....

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl