Saturday 23 July 2011

Testing times

Yes, I'm leaving Mrs Hnaef today.  Just for the day, you understand: I wouldn't dare risk her wrath (and the wrath of Mrs Hnaef's mother)  by leaving for any longer.  But today I'm off to Lord's to watch the 3rd day of what looks like a great test match.

Despite her protestations, and assuming I can still fit into it, I'm going to wear the college blazer that I bought some *cough* years ago, and which barely fitted me even then.  I think I also still have a cricket cap from the debating/drinking society of which I was also a member at the time.  I shall also wear that.  I'll look scintillating.  Although that isn't either of the words the Archdruid or Mrs Hnaef seemed to mumble when I told them my plans.

Now that I've found them, I think I'll design a Test liturgy.  A liturgy for Test matches, you understand: not a liturgy that will need testing (that's most of the ones we use in the Community, to be honest).  And I think we all know what the vestments will be.

4 comments :

  1. hmmm, well I hope that photos of you in these "vestments" will be available

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to open my mouth, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, Sally -a "little bird" tells me that in Another place they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps a post on that other great (and totally inexplicable) English tradition - Morris dancing.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl