Wednesday 27 July 2011

What is wrong with Leaders

OK. These things normally make hard reading. But it's important that I take stock, listen to the people, all that other rubbish.  In short, and reading from left to right, I've got the results of the survey "Issues with Local Leadership" (or ILL).

75% said that religious leaders are too fond of acronyms.

64% said I'm not interested in the people under my care, while 79% said I'm too needy.

33% said our music is "too modern". Another 33% said it is "too old-fashioned". 5% (the music group) said it is "too limited by the constraints the Archdruid puts onto us". The rest said it is "too awful for words".

57% said we should do more evangelism. However 88% said evangelism isn't their gifting, but they will pray for other people who are evangelising. 64% think that it's my job, but to be fair everybody else thinks there's enough sadness in the world already.

57% say I don't do enough visiting of Beaker Folk at home. Although most of these were quite clear that it's other people's homes I need to visit, not their own.

74% wondered why I didn't let "that nice Trainee Druid" do more around the place.

41% said the sermons are too short to provide any useful teaching. 7% said they were too short to allow for any useful sleeping. 42% believe they are too long. And 10% say they are a crime against humanity.

84% say we should engage more with the local, non-Beaker community. Although 77% think that "we" means "the Archdruid".

81% want to see more children's activities. Although 89% want someone else to be involved in the organisation. And 79% don't want the children to shout, laugh, play, run about, fall over or, indeed, be children.

Most Beaker People said I was "too authoritarian". But about a third said I was "far too authoritarian". Still, there's a bright side. A few thought I was "terrifying".

Nobody ticked the "about right" box for anything.

Still, do not let it be said I don't listen. Except by the 84% of Beaker People who said exactly that. I am listening. I will act. And I ensured that I put a serial number on each survey form, so I know exactly who gave which answer. Oh yes, I will definitely act.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl