Sunday 7 August 2011

Big Brot^H^H^H^H Archdruid

It appears that we are being watched. Last night, in a spontaneous move that required only 8 hours of planning, I replaced the Pouring Out of Beakers ceremony with a lovely Church of England Evening Prayer (or, more accurately in this case, good old Evensong). I'd even arranged to have the Preces and Responses (Byrd), Mag & Nunc. (Tallis) and a lovely Anthem (Gibbons), so we were all very up-to-date. Things started off well, and then Enya came on the speakers in the Moot House.

I was having a few pints with Young Keith down at the White Horse after the debacle, and he was explaining to me about web-cams. It appears that the Archdruid is able to monitor our activities remotely, at any time she wishes, and then to take control over the sound system. And lights. And possibly window openings.

Well, he also told me that, for a small fee (several pints), he's willing to use a "staple trick of the spy film genre", and to "play a loop" of a previous service over the "web-cam feed". This should allow us to enjoy the Methodist service I have planned for this evening (ecumenism is always nice, as long as it's with people we generally agree with most of the time), and to avoid interference - or interventions - by person or persons remote.

I will prevail!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl