Monday 8 August 2011

A fictional community

Thanks to a forum on Ship of Fools I have just noticed an unusual blog which I have added to "Folk we light a tea light for". However I am aware with the advent of mobilised blogging - and also my 53 loyal followers who presumably consume this feast of wisdom through a feed-reader - that not everyone will be seeing the side-bar of this blog. So I recommend you have a look at "Much Goings on in the Wold". It appears to be an account of an imaginary community, which strikes me as a highly imaginative idea - I'm not aware, at any rate, of anyone else doing anything like this. Maybe others should try it.

I should add that the poster on the forum who attracted my attention referred to The Beaker Folk as a mixture of shipoffools with the Archers with an ecclesiastical sprinkling. I do hope that's as with blessed water.

(EDIT)
I should point out I have changed the above recommendation and title as my initial reading left me thinking it was more church-related than it is.

Re-reading it, I realise now that it was the combination of unusual characters, coffee, pubs and the word "parish" that confused me. Or possibly the accusation that the Beaker Folk are like the Archers. Either way, I'm happy to put the record straight.

But it's still good fun.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl