Monday 8 August 2011

London

I hate seeing London like this.

And when people are suffering, I hate hearing the political points of Right and Left, as if scoring points is more important than someone fleeing from a burning flat or someone's livelihood being destroyed in an hour of madness.

So I pray for peace and comfort for the relatives of Mark Duggan,
for an investigation that is seen to be open and fair, and that delivers the truth - not what some people - whichever people -  want to hear,
for people to stop,
for justice,
for heavy rain,
for nobody else to get hurt
and for somebody - anybody - to find a way to solve the problems that neither Left nor Right has solved in my lifetime.

3 comments :

  1. I just spoke to my daughter in Hackney; she's safe, but they're rioting out in the streets, and she couldn't get to her placement. She's disgusted by what she's seeing; as she says, it only makes the problems worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she's safe, Robert. And remembering all my friends and relatives in the best city on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it's worth I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl