Saturday 6 August 2011

Power

I am in charge.  But I am not going to allow the authority to go to my head.  After all, with authority comes responsibility.  I have responsibility for the Community while the Archdruid is away!  Of course, she has given responsibility to specific functions to other members of the Community.  Mrs Hnaef is in charge of worship, so my suspicion is that we're going to be investigating "Queaker" services, which, as a mix of Quaker and Beaker traditions, combine silence (the Quaker bit) and being looked at very firmly if you try to speak up for yourself (the Beaker bit).

But I digress.  I'm in charge.  I have a walkie-talkie (though Mrs Hnaef keeps calling it a phone - ridiculous: how could you have a phone without wires?) and a clipboard (though Mrs Hnaef calls _that_ a tablet, maybe to make me feel more like Moses).  I'm about to pop out to get myself a high-viz tabard made up with "I'm in sole charge on a temporary basis except for those functions which the Archdruid has specifically devolved to other members of the Community" on the back.  I'm not sure what colour to go for.  Probably pink.

And then I'm going to assert my authority.  I'm thinking about making some decisions.  Just you wait.

1 comment :

  1. Just don't go creating a universe. Look what happened when Mrs God was away for 7 days; Mr God caused all manner of mayhem.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl