Friday 9 September 2011

From Genesis to Revelation

I am afraid I have been absent from the Beaker Community today. Although by using the word "afraid", dear readers, I may be implying that I was sad to be absent. Not so. There is nobody that likes Enya as much as I do - apart from everybody else in the whole world. I say there is a lack of mathematical rigour about her - and Eileen says I am a philistine with no soul.

Be that as it may, I have just returned from a pilgrimage to Royal Leamington Spa, to watch the inestimable G2: Definitive Genesis. A marvellous re-creation of the later early years of the wonderful original, G2 do an excellent job. Well worth a visit to their next concert, and I always try to watch them at Wavendon as well, when they are just on our doorstep -  accounting duties permitting.

Before the concert I took the opportunity to avail myself of Mr Wetherspoon's very generous offer - £5.99 for a curry and a pint. I always appreciate good value, and this was indeed. However you can take prudence too far. Seeing that the korma only had a one-chilli symbol, while the chicken vindaloo had six chillis against its description, I assumed that the latter must be better value for money so I went for it. Six times the chillis for my money, I thought. And when it arrived, in the words of the Masters, Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins themselves, I declared "Supper's Ready".

It was only later I realised I was going to Dance on a Volcano.

3 comments :

  1. Had a Scottish Thai curry in Aberdeen airport on Tuesday. Hideous concoction - loaded with cornflour to make it gloop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sort of bargain basement curry deal is killing England by the poppadom!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl