Monday 19 September 2011

Liturgy for International Talk Like a Pirate Day 2011

Archdruid: Arrr!
All: Shiver me timbers!

Archdruid: Arrr!
All: Shiver me timbers!

[Continues for a while]

Ye Confession

Archdruids: Be ye all dirty bilge-rats, landlubbers and scurvy dogs fit only for the yaaard aaarm?

All: That we be, that we be.

Archdruid: And do 'ee blame that Original Sin?

All: That we do, that we do.

Archdruid: Then keel haul the lot of ye, if anyone's gonna have merrrcy on 'ee it won't be me.

All: Avast.

Hymn: Yo ho, yo ho, a reformed sinner's life for me.

Reading: Psalm 107:23-27

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.
For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.
They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.
They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end.


All: Ahoy! That do sound like us, that we be. I mean, that we aaare!

Dismissal

Archdruid: Ahoy, me hearties!

All: Avast, landlubber!



Archdruid: Ahoy, me hearties!


All: Avast, landlubber!

[Continues long into the night]

4 comments :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl