Wednesday 28 September 2011

MSE

Sometimes life is hard. This I understand. Sometimes your predictive text (well, mine, actually) wants to change that to Izmir, instead of "is". These things I take in my stride.

But I have another job. Another calling. Another vocation. I am an MSE. Not a Micro$oft support engineer - I haven't sunk that low - nor a Minister to Sarcastic Eileens. I am a Mostly Sympathetic Elder. I take time to listen to people and (mostly) sympathise with them. Sometimes in a wig and my "old person trousers" if they seem to be over 40. To make me seem elder, you understand. Sometimes I don bunches of dark purple berries, particularly for the more confused or pedantic.

And I give what time I can to the Community. But it never seems to be enough. It is hard enough that I struggle with feelings of guilt about the commitment I can provide, but when the Archdruid creates me for my lack of time management, sometimes I wonder if I am appreciated at all.

Except by Young Keith, of course.

Set them up, please landlord: it's my round again.

3 comments :

  1. "Creates" you? I wouldn't want that on my conscience. Can't even imagine what the predictive text was aiming for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't want to be created by the Archdruid, sounds painful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl