Wednesday 21 September 2011

REM Split - The Tributes

"I remember when Michael (Stipe) said to me, how are we going to do something different? And I said look at Mary and me - think of how we are - how happy and - to coin a word - shiny. And maybe get in that girl from "Rock Lobster". The rest is history." - Lord Jeffrey Archer

"97.4 MHz on FM. Also available on Medium wave." - Kenneth

"Until Michael (Stipe) and I got involved, the Middle East was a place of violence, suspicion and unease. Thank goodness the two of us - and, at times, Pope John Paul II, God and Barack (Obama) took some action." - Tony Blair

"I don't believe it" - the Man in the Moon

"I knew it was going to happen. I just haven't mentioned it till now." - Uri Geller

"It was a difficult chance. The ball was running away from the goal. And Frank (Lampard) was too old to trust in him." - Fernando Torres

"REM breaking up's not the end of the world as we know it. At least, not till October." - Harold Camping

"As Lala Ward told Michael Stipe, in an unfunny and unconvincing anecdote, losing your religion is quite a good idea all round." - Richard Dawkins, in The Money Delusion


"They made a billion billion billion billion pounds...." [collapses in numerical delirium] - Prof Brian Cox

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl