Friday 21 October 2011

A Cold and Lonely Universe

This is how the world ends -
Not with a bang but a whimper.

As galaxies spattered across the universe gently burn away into nothing - even the black holes will dry out - and nothing much will happen, like a Saturday in Slough forever.

It makes me feel kind of comforted, really. All the hope about building a better world for the future did sound a bit over-optimistic. And if you thought that was the way forward you'd just feel really let down when your planet boiled off into the ultra-violet.

1 comment :

  1. I really love your blog - it's like nothing else I have found on the internet. Full of wisdom, and still funny, it has me in stitches - definitely a no-read when I'm drinking coffee at the computer.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl