Thursday 20 October 2011

Young Earth Creationism and the Speed of Light

I suspect from his general attitude to God and the Bible that Steve Borthwick is probably a Methodist. How else could I explain such latitudinarianism and irreverence? However when I read Eileen's appalling and godless drivel on the speed of light, I thought it was best to check Steve's recommendations on the way the Speed of Light has changed. And so I have done some research.

Having read up thoroughly on the subject, I can now approve with all my heart of the whole theory. To be honest I did not actually understand a word, and trying to comprehend the impact on the total energy of the universe if the Speed of Light halved gave me a nose-bleed. But that is unimportant. What causes my heart to hop, like unto the hills of Psalm 113, is that my failure to understand any of the concepts means that I have to trust to faith alone.

So I thank the people who have explained the Speed of Light changes that prove the Universe is six thousand years old. They have confirmed it scientifically, and yet increased my faith at the same time. Whoso saith that science and religion are in conflict, they have not examined the evidence.

1 comment :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl