Tuesday 24 January 2012

The Last Smile of the Girl on the Platform

Dear Readers, the Archdruid has allowed me just one posting on this subject - inspired by a stray visitor to this site. And after reading the site I am about to link to, I need say no more about it.

The writer of the piece covers much of the ground we have dealt with in our own journey on this blog - but he also identifies the station and both the trains in the sequence. I repent in dust and ashes of my lack of train knowledge, and only wish I was like the author of this blog.

However I would note that a more appropriate location for the young woman to be travelling would be Syston near Leicester. It is closer to Sutton (although still 100 miles or so away) but is truly the "home of pies". Pukka Pies are made there and it is also in the Appellation Controlee-type region within which Melton Mowbray pork pies can be made.

1 comment :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl