Monday 9 January 2012

Migration Watch

I'm not going to beat about the bush. Burton Dasset is feeling most let down over his membership of Migration Watch.

Six months he's been a member, and not one field trip. Still, he's just heard about the publication of the report "Them Poles, coming over here taking Our Jobs", as I believe it's called. And now he understands why they lost interest in the "winter visitor" he phoned them to report, when he explained it was an unusual species of tern.

I notice that Migration Watch describes itself as "non-political". Off-hand, I can't understand how an organisation that counts incoming foreigners and reports that they're taking the natives' jobs is non-political, but I've obviously not thought deeply enough about the matter.

1 comment :

  1. I wonder if the words "well-educated", willing to take the hard jobs and work for low pay" might have something to do with it.....

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl