Monday 23 January 2012

Takeaway Religion

I wasn't so convinced with Young Keith's latest concept in alternative worship.

I mean, sure, it's accessible. There's no real barrier to the unchurched at all. You're meeting people in a very real way, as the saying has it, and you're giving them what they need.

But Cafe Church to Go? Isn't that just a takeaway coffee bar? I mean sure - saying "God bless" instead of "Have a Nice Day" makes it spiritual. But I really doubted whether it would work. Till I saw his franchise plans, and now I'm thinking the idea may be richly blessed.

2 comments :

  1. Now if Young Keith could just master the face of Jesus pattern when sprinkling the nutmeg/cinnamon on the froth he'd nail the free publicity from the press and web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why stop there, Phil? With a number of different shakers we could do the BVM, St Julian of Norwich or even Sir Alex Ferguson.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl