Monday 19 March 2012

Making the Most of Privatised Roads

I've been most interested in the Twittersphere chatter regarding privatised roads. Which is to say, I've noticed that something's happening, and some people are quite angry. But I've not actually done any research into it. I've been busy, what with the Warming up of Beakers prior to Pouring Out of Beakers. And I've been reading a book about how unlikely intelligent life is in the rest of the Galaxy. Which has been getting me rather down because, as St Eric the Idle noted, there's very little down here.

Anyway, I feel I'm as well informed on road privatisation as the average Cabinet Minister tends to be about European treaties. And on that basis, I've put my proposal in to the Department of Transport.

I'm proposing to maintain two short stretches of road, either side of the entrance to Woburn Safari Park. And I'm going to be equipping Young Burton and Marston with a clothes prop each as a toll barrier, and a bucket (nb - no change given). I reckon I'm going to make a fortune.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl