Monday 21 May 2012

Statement by House of Bishops on Women Bishops in the House of Bishops

Thanks to Ruth Gledhill for posting up the statement by the House of Bishops on Women as Bishops.

Now these kinds of statements are not always totally clear to the lay man or woman on the Cranfield omnibus. Or possibly even to lawyers in the Church of England. So I felt it was my duty to explain it in language as simple as possible.

Basically, I think it's in Swedish.

I'm not sure yet whom it will annoy but my guess is that, in the classic Anglican Via Media, it will be everybody.

4 comments :

  1. Could we ask Nick Clegg to reform the House of Bishops whilst he's at it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Archimandrite Simon12:12 am, May 22, 2012

    Indeed Archdruid. If we cut back the bushes on the narrow road and dump stuff on the broad road, no-one will be able to tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jag kan med handen på hjärtat lova att den sörjan har ingenting med det ädla svenska språket att göra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly annoyed me. But I doubt if anyone will notice or care. So I will get over it and go and do something nice and useful

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl