Saturday 26 April 2014

The Church Pressure Group Generator


It's a rule as old as the hills. If you're going to have a Christian lobby, pressure group, think tank or get-together of likeminded souls, you need to give it a two-word name.

The rule says - the first word is some kind of adjective - normally a verbal adjective like "Condescending", although it could be another kind such as "Anglican" or "Evangelicals".

The second word is a kind of tortured noun - normally an abstract one but sometimes it's an adjective that's been nounified, like "Evangelicals".

Put them together and what do you get? You get a brand new Christian pressure group. Note - before using this actual name,check. There's a 50:50 chance it already exists.







11 comments :

  1. So far tody I've had to answer the door to the Seventh Day Parsee Faith, the Salvation Confucianist Heresy and the Hari Taoist League.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Celebrating Puginism, which made me ridiculously happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is in their mission statement, I believe.

      Delete
  3. I got Angry Crismatics. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridge-building Anglicans? It has to be malfunctioning. :-) Let's have another go....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got Condemning Baptists, which obviously I wouldn't dream of doing for who am I to judge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Condemning Ecclesiasticalism - that was just the term I was searching for for that group I'm about to set up. Now I just need a Mission Statement generator to help me work out what we'll be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking Narnians......how come you know me so well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Messy Baptists... it knows me well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could get stuck on this page forever
    considerate calvanism
    moderating evangelicals
    uncomprehending darbyites
    again
    again
    again

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl