Friday 19 June 2009

Solstitial Suspense

It's still two sleeps until the Solstice, so can I request that you all calm down? 
Especially those planning to stay up all night.  It's the shortest night of the year, but even so you need your beauty sleep.
The Solstice Watch this year will take place in the Watching Field.  We can stand on that little hillock again.  But please don't do that same rotten pun as last year - it took weeks for Burton's bruises to fade. 
The Wicker Man is now forty foot high and towering over the landscape.  Who would have thought that Young Keith could have found such a good supply of pallets?  And thank you to those dedicated souls who have spent the last week splitting the pallets into really thin strips.  I'm sure you will think the splinters are worth it.

1 comment :

  1. Sleeplessness and splinter - no problem. It's the bleedin' cold that's getting to me!

    Midsummer my freezin' arse.

    If the Beaker community has a line on hi-viz clothing for sub-zero temperatures, I think I might even join.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl