Wednesday 22 May 2024

Manse Life

Condensation is the situation for the habitual viveur in what is known as 
Manse Life 
A quiet life can be avoided if you take the route straight through what is known as 
Manse Life 
Tom's got a droopy roof. He gets intimidated by the macho builders. 
They love a drop o' tea.
Manse Life 
Why's that gatepost dangling? You should cut down on your manse life, mate - get another job.

All the people
So many people
They all go hand in hand
Hand in hand through their 
Manse Life
.

I get up when I want, except on Sundays. And every other day of the week.
Manse Life 
I put my dog collar on, 'ave a cup of tea, and fret about leaving the 'ouse
Manse Life 
I see Miss Pigeon. I also see Miss Sparrow too. It gives them a sense of enormous wellbeing.
Manse Life 
And then it's funerals for the rest of the day. Safe in the knowledge my entire life is devoted to it.

All the people
So many people
They all go hand in hand
Hand in hand through their 
Manse Life
.

It's got nothing to do with your Property Committee ya know.
And it's not about the meetings. Which go round and round and round and round... 

All the people
So many people
They all go hand in hand
Hand in hand through their 
Manse Life
.

1 comment :

  1. I enjoyed singing along to this, whilst having much sympathy for the tribulations of a priest's life.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl