Normally we have "turn to the person next to you, say hello and share something nice that's happened this week". But it got a bit samey - so we thought we'd mix it up a bit
So instead everybody got a card to draw out, on precisely what to over-share with the people next to them. These included:
- Something God has blessed you with this week.
- Something that has left you thinking God really hates you this week.
- The last infectious disease you don't really like discussing.
- Who's your secret "Moot House" crush?
- What was the cruellest nickname you had at school?
- Explain the doctrine of communicatio idiomatum through the medium of dance.
- A quick round of "snog, marry, kill".
- What is your most persistently terrifying dream?
- Say something nice about the person next to you's appearance.
- Your nastiest habit.
- Discuss your favourite humming sound.
- Scream "Get away from me. You are secretly a lizard!
So we tried it out, at any rate. There was a fair amount of sobbing, a certain amount of embarrassment and a number of people mutually agreed to discuss absolutely nothing, and simply pretend to be praying / tweeting / crying.
And four people just walked out, and came back during the second song. Which, it has to be said, is an improvement on the usual situation. I think we'll do it every week.