Thursday 21 June 2018

When Badgers Collide

I'd really like to apologise for this afternoon's events.

It was like this. Unlike most of my idle shower of sheep, I was up quite literally with the dawn today to celebrate the Solstice Sunrise. Very much the zenith of the Beaker year. Except in a literal sense, as the zenith would be 1pm.

Still, I digress. After the sunrise we had a traditional Beaker solstice breakfast of crystallised honey. And then the elevenses of flying saucer sweets that we have every summer solstice.

I guess my blood sugar crashed this afternoon. As it was halfway through our seminar on "The Spirituality of Badgers" that I started screaming "The evil black and white monsters! They'll steal your souls! They'll steal your souls."

And I started to wonder why we ever even organised a seminar on "The Spirituality of Badgers".

It was only this evening, after three hours of fitful, nightmare-filled sleep, that I realised. That seminar was for a bunch of local councillors, on considerations in school religious provisions in a pluralist faith environment. Nothing to do with badgers at all.

I thought the badgers had looked a bit taken aback.



Want to support this blog?
Want a good laugh? Want to laugh at the church? Want to be secretly suspicious that the author has been sitting in your church committee meetings taking notes? Then Writes of the Church: Gripes and grumbles of people in the pews is probably the book for you.

From Amazon, Sarum Bookshop, The Bible Readers Fellowship and other good Christian bookshops. An excellent book for your churchgoing friends, relatives or vicar. By the creator of the Beaker Folk.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl