Thursday 1 December 2022

Last Mithras

Last Mithras I gave you my heart
But the very next day
I discovered that the vast majority of so-called "facts" about Mithras are not facts at all. They're made up from scraps of evidence and recycled to fit the modern tendency to just make stuff up to fit our romantic inclinations. We seem to think that if we believe something it just becomes true - I'm looking at you Stephen Fry with your claim that Mithras was born on 25th December which you and your so-called "Elves" (actually a bunch of geeks) put out because everyone thinks you're so clever because you wear Tweed. Same goes for Brexit as well, of course. Magical thinking with no hope of success. Whatever were people thinking? Bit of wishful thinking, bit of suppressed racism- not even suppressed for some people - bit of natural dislike of big Government and what do we get? Utter mess.
Next year, to save me from tears,
I'll give it to someone less gullible.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl