Thursday 1 February 2024

Say it with Ashes

We're so excited that this year's Ash Wednesday falls on Valentine's Day.

It gives Melissa Sparrow the chance to write a special series of poems reflecting on both the joy of love, and the fleeting nature of all earthly joys. 

Welcome to our special collection of Ashy Valentine cards. I think you'll agree - they're the perfect combination of romantic love and impending doom.




Text inside: 

Violets are blue, roses are red
let's get it on now, before we're both dead.



Text inside: 

Don't leaf me this way 
Why can't you see
I might fall off this tree?


Text inside:

A rose by any other name
Would still be withered and dead within a fortnight.
Will you be my Valentine? 

Text inside:

I've fallen for you
Can you pick me up
Before we're all just ashes?

1 comment :

  1. Ahem…you’re not channelling John Donne in that first one, by any chance? 😁

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl