I note from the BBC that the huge fire in a Birmingham recycling factory was caused by Chinese Lanterns.
So I hope whoever's party it was had a nice time. But their gooey feelings as their pwetty lights went up in the air have been paid for by the injuries to a number of fire fighters, and the release of untold toxins into the sky.
The Fire Brigade spokesperson has called for these idiotic toys to be banned. Fair enough. But just in case anyone's already got them, or brings some in - let's see whether we can't get their use defined as attempted arson.
If you release uncontrolled fires into the sky, you are being criminally reckless. You are the sort of idiot who, frankly, shouldn't be allowed to play with matches.