Thursday 18 July 2013

Liturgy for a Sunny Day

Charlii: Forasmuch as we have been blessed abundantly with good weather,

All: Phew! Wotta scorcha!

Charlii: And for all that we are very grateful and all that...

All: Bletchley hotter than Benidorm.....

Charlii: And though the grapes flourish on the vine, and the sound of the turtle is heard in the land....

All: Climate change shock as turtles move to UK, live on land and start singing.

Charlii: And though it's the hottest day of the year somewhere....

All: I blame that Global Warming.

Charlii: Although it was the coldest spring in living memory.... 

All: I blame that global cooling.....

Charlii: And though I'm faced with a wall of sunburnt faces.....

All: I blame the hole in the ozone layer.

Charlii: And though we may be skeptical....

All: I blame the sceptics

Charlii: Do you know,  what with your annoying tabloid responses and the heat,  I'm feeling a bit.... [exits]

Burton: Obviously heat got to her.

Stacey: Or do you think......?

Young Keith: I think we'll finish this quick. Peace be with you, now if you'll excuse me...

All: And also with you.

1 comment :

  1. I hope that this doesn't portend yet another Arch Druid on the horizon.

    Aren't there enough about as it is?

    The original version on sabbatical and pontificating to Anglicans.

    The Stand in version being all peculiar and trying to emulate the original, but failing by not being mean enough.

    Now, courtesy of Young Keith - yet another - more heretics to deal with.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl