Sunday 7 July 2013

Waiting for Godot Service

Burton: My boots are hurting.

All: Then take them off!

Burton: Can't we just go home?

All: No! We're waiting for Jesus!

Burton: Did he say he was coming?

All: Yes. 

Burton: Was that yesterday?

All: We can't remember.

Charlii: No. That was Godot. You're getting them confused.

Confession:

Charlii: We bring our confessions.

Burton: Sins.

Charlii: Pecadillos.

Burton: Sins.

Charlii: Transgressions.

Burton: Sins.

Charlii: But wait!  Who's that coming?

All: We're saved! 

Burton: Are you Jesus?

Godot: No, I'm Godot.

Charlii: Well, that's a bit of a let-down.

Godot: Not very nice. Other people have waited for me.

All: Well, they could have saved themselves the hassle.

Charlii: I preferred Pozzo.

Burton: Or even Lucky.

Godot: Well, I'll just go then, shall I?

Charlii: Yeah, go on then.

They remain indefinitely.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl