Saturday 9 November 2013

Have you Made Your Mark in Social Media?


I was thinking that, since Eileen our Archdruid Emeritus went on Sabbatical, we haven't had anything quite like the Lord of the Dance Risk Calculator or the Hardy Plot Generator. I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm dragging behind Eileen on the social media tools, and I'm just as capable of threatening Burton until he writes some Javascript as anyone. So the Beaker Folk are glad to present the Social Media Influence Mark Calculator - so you can answer that all-important questions - "Have I made my Mark in Social Media?






How many endorsements do you have on LinkedIn? 








5 comments :

  1. I completed the test, and was awarded a Mark of 8.36 - Which, on reaching for my dog-eared online copy of the King James, reads:

    For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

    I would imagine that my high score on LinkedIn is read by your scoring algorithm, correctly, as the dark stigmata of a programmer working on an investment bank.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hairyears, I also got Mark:8.36. A coincidence? A bug in Burton's Javascript? Or is Charlii trying some subliminal preaching?

    Having examined said code (ctrl-U to view it), it's no coincidence, and either Burton is a very poor programmer or this is indeed a setup. Shame on the new Acting Archdruid. This would never have happened in Eileen's time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me that Charli (despite Burton's script writing) has been set up for a fall? I feel the malignant influence of the much missed Arch Druid Eileen in there somewhere.

    As much as Charli likes herself and is probably loved in more ways than one by young Keith, it's obvious that the rest of the Beaker Folk haven't had a good beating since Eileen went off and became some strange Anglican stereo type.

    I think that one of these days, Eileen will be back with a vengeance and will wreak havoc on the things that Charli has set up and will put the apprentice firmly back in her box. :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl