Saturday 15 November 2008

Myers Briggs

As the community will be aware, I've been becoming increasingly concerned about the lack of progress in raising the new Moot Hall (the old one having burnt down after the Night of a Thousand Tea Lights alt.worship disaster. Hence I took the liberty to have you all tested for your personality types this afternoon at the Myers Briggs workshop.

Much in line with my expectations, it turns out that, to a Beaker Person, you're all INFP. So this explains why so little construction has taken place. You've all been wandering about considering how you relate to the task 0f building a Moot Hall - wondering what it must feel like to actually be a length of willow - trying to understand you place in the sheer mootiness of it all - while a great pile of badly-whittled sticks has lain around on the grass where a Moot Hall should be appearing.

Well, winter's going to be here soon and I'm sick to death of having to host a bunch of hippy new-age wannabes in my Dining Room for want of a better "space"(or "room" as we used to call them...) So I'm taking some drastic action.

To encourage a few I's to turn into E's, I'm introducing compulsory Karaoke. The landlord of the White Horse was not encouraging when I suggested we should hold it there every night, so instead it will take place in the Apple Shed. Yes I know it's full of apples, but you should all have thought of that before you started skipping around thinking the stars are God's daisy chain and that shooting stars are dying fairies.

And to get some Judging and Thinking behaviour going on around here, I'm introducing a daily mental maths exercise instead of the Pouring out of Beakers ceremony. And a rock-breaking time instead of Filling Up of Beakers (because if we're scrapping Pouring out of Beakers, let's face it, Filling up of Beakers is going to get a bit messy).

So enough with the rich inner lives already. We're gonna whip some druids into line here and get the Moot House built

3 comments :

  1. Go Eileen....what is it like to be a length of willow....hmmm I wonder....ah the mmoty willowiness of this whole post.

    Just off to meditate, can I use your dining room, it is such a good ambient space...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can borrow my dining room if you like, but it's gonna be rather full of pebbles, Beaker people and small woodland animals until we get the Moot House sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wouldn't it be easier to have a Moot Tent? So much easier to erect, and geniuninely primitive, giving a deep connection with the ancient peoples of the earth. 2 minutes in a tent, and spiritually you're already a native american. Or at least, that's what Matthew Fox says, so it must be true.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl