Tuesday 20 January 2015

Paying the Price for Non-Attendance

Uproar in the Community this morning as the invoices drop on the door mats.

I got the idea from the boy who was charged for non-attendance at his friend's party.

After all, what is a Beaker celebration if not a kind of party? And when we send out the weekly service programmes, do we not put on them "we look forward to seeing you there"?

And if someone doesn't reply, that is therefore an acceptance. And if they then don't turn up - that's a breach of contract.
I reckon either income or future attendance is gonna improve because of this. In fact, if it works, I'm going to leaflet the village with the next Community newsletter.

2 comments :

  1. Luke 14:16-21 applies here.

    A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
    And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
    And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
    And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
    And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

    ...

    So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, SUE THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But at least they sent their apologies...

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl