Thursday 10 October 2019

Service for the Nativity of Kirsty MacColl (1959)


The Beaker Folk gather in La Forêt de Mimosas, disturbing several members of the Beaker Fertility Folk who are getting quite amoureuse dans le parking.

Hymn: In These Shoes?

Confession

Now I don't want to see Caroline
Don't want to see her face when she finds out you're mine
Can't look in her eyes and tell her love is blind
Now I don't want to see Caroline
I don't want to see Caroline

Absolution

Archdruid: You Just Haven't Earned it yet, Baby

Terry: On the whole, I feel I didn't live up to expectations...

All: You were a big boy on a Saturday night.

Sermon - Archdruid: In this perfect day, who'd want to be standing in these shoes? We give thanks for the days when Kirsty showed us a free world - from Croydon to Cuba, from Soho Square to the Amazonians - walking down Madison or in a fairytale in New York. And pray that she's in the place where she can see the sun on the water, flying over the London with the streets on fire or seeing those pigeons fly from that bench in Soho Square on her birthday.

Beaker Folk Dance the Mambo de la Luna

Dismissal

Archdruid: We'll part in the rain so the clouds hide the despair and the sorrow I feel on the inside and...

Burton: Eileen! There's someone hiding in the woods! Is it that guy that works down the chip shop who swears he's Elvis?

Archdruid: No! It's the Real Ripper!

Burton: Right. I'm on my way home....

Hymn: What do Pretty Girls Do?




From the author...

1 comment :

  1. I must confess, I've little or no idea of what you're on about but I heard a great song by your hero today - "England 2, Colombia 0". In a British rock stylie, excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl