- David Walker, Bishop of Manchester
- Dave Walker, Church and Cycling cartoonist
- David Walker, Civil Rights activist
- David Walker, Catholic bishop in Australia
- David Walker, Expert in Leisure Centre Safety for RoSPA
- Dave Walker, vocalist with Fleetwood Mac
- David Walker, astronaut
- David Walker, bon viveur and partner of Polly Toynbee
This is quite a selection. I have only met one of them (David Walker). However I do wonder. Is the Walker clan unique in that all its members called "David" are successful? Or is there a simpler explanation? Is David Walker simultaneously the Bishop of Manchester, a Catholic bishop, a cartoonist, a rock singer, an astronaut, a 19th Century Civil Rights activist and Polly Toynbee's accident-preventing partner?
Nah, probably not. Nobody could cope with the pressure, surely. Not even David Walker.